Sweet cheese filling for blintzes recipe
We are searching data for your request:
Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
Blintzes are Eastern European pancakes with a savoury or sweet filling. Any thin, crepe-like pancake may be used in this recipe.
1 person made this
- 10 prepared crepes or pancakes
- For the filling
- 300g fromage blanc or Greek yoghurt
- 200g mascarpone cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 pinches of ground cinnamon, to taste
- 150g caster sugar
- butter for greasing
- For the topping
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 2 pinches of ground cinnamon
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:30min ›Ready in:45min
- Preheat the oven to 200 C / Gas 6. In a bowl whisk the fromage blanc, mascarpone, eggs, cinnamon and sugar until smooth. Place some of the filling in the centre of each crepe or thin pancake and roll up or fold to a pocket. Place the filled blintzes in a buttered baking dish, cover with aluminium foil and bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Stir all the ingredients for the topping in a small bowl. Remove the aluminium foil and pour it over the blintzes. Bake for a few more minutes until heated through and bubbly.